1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Emotions connected to the pain

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jullemire, Nov 26, 2012.

1. jullemire

jullemire Peer Supporter

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to say that I am learning a lot with this program.

Last Saturday evening I was going to my sister's house for dinner and a movie. I woke up Saturday morning with a sharp pain between my left shoulder blade and my neck (a pain I had experienced before). I started to get freaked out however I stopped myself and asked myself why was I having this pain? What was I stressed about?

And I realized that I was a bit stressed about going over to my sister's... I love her very much however we had a hard time getting along when we were teenagers. It got better with time but I feel she is very harsh and critical of everyone and I was stressed that she would come down on me for who knows why. Within 45 minutes of realizing this, the pain completely went away!

I am convinced that I have TMS but after going through this, I'm 200% sure!

Jilly likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

I want to know if you had pain during or after your visit with your sister.

3. jullemire

jullemire Peer Supporter

During dinner I was ok. Afterwards while watching the movies I had a bit of a sore neck but the position I had was not the best (seating arrangement not optimal!). When we left I was fine.

4. Stella

Stella Well known member

Good for you.

5. Lori

Lori Well known member

I love it when we can make a connection !!

This has happened to me too!

jullemire likes this.
  6. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

It's so simple isn't it ? Right under our noses ! I am very new to this but I too am experiencing fantastic results. Way to go ! :)