1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

EMDR and TMS treatment

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by kevinmichael, Apr 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kevinmichael

kevinmichael Peer Supporter

Are there other members here who think that these two therapies have much in common ?

2. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

They are intended to "redirect" trauma, not solve it. I've seen people feel better after using them but I haven't really seen them work in solving the core issue. But hey if you need to ease suffering try one. Just know that they often result in a placebo type effect, and the root cause remains. Power therapies are often used to speed up the process where therapy isn't available. But from what I see the slower healers tend to last longer, and more deeply.

Suffering has a purpose, it's not always better to eradicate it. See into it and grow. Happiness is incumbent upon pain.

SO