1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Downton Abbey as a TMS pain reliever

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Aug 25, 2013.

1. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

If you like Morse and/or Lewis, look out for Endeavour, the prequel to Inspector Morse.

I grew up in th U.S. and my parents were glued to the TV whenever Masterpiece Theatre was on. I remember Upstairs Downstairs from when it was first aired there.

2. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Oh, I love Endeavour! Absolutely fantastic! Maybe someday I'll have to give Morse himself another chance, since I've so enjoyed the shows that sprang from him.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I enjoyed ENDEAVOUR too.

DOWNTON ABBEY has so much TMS in it. Watched season two again last night
    and laughed when Lavinia, Matthew's fiance, told him, "Don't bully yourself. Think how far
    you've come since a month ago." Matthew had been impatient to heal from his war injuries.
    And both of them had loads of TMS stress from repressed emotions.

And in another episode, Carson the butler collapsed under the stress of Sybil announcing
    she was going to marry the chauffeur. He took all the woes of the upstairs family on himself.

If we can possibly help it, don't take on anyone else's troubles.

When I moved into a new house, my next-door neighbor told me, "Don't tell me your troubles
    and I won't tell you mine." She gave me good advice. We got along fine.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Another example of TMS in DOWNTON ABBEY.

Last night, when the daughter who was jilted at the altar was crying in
    her room, her mother told her, "You are being tested. And being tested only
    makes you stronger."

gailnyc likes this.