1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Does TMS increase risk of injury

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dwiegman, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Dwiegman

Dwiegman New Member

I am getting closer to full acceptance of my pain being TMS. As I get myself active again my only fear is an increased risk of an actual injury. Are Oxygen deprived muscles more tense/stiff, making me more likely to really pull/strain a muscle while exercising? If I feel like I pull something while exercising is there a good chance that’s just TMS trying to trick me? I’m talking about calisthenics/ Bodyweight workouts not heavy weights. I think this is my biggest fear with resuming exercise. Sometimes I feel like the slightest movements cause my neck or back to feel like it knots up.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

No, there is no increase chance of injury per se, except in the classic Dr. Sarno observation that "injuries also distract" and his observation that folks prone to TMS also may tend to have careless injuries, like tripping.