1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Does Chronic Sinusitis fit the TMS model?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by MusicMan11, Aug 10, 2018.

1. MusicMan11

MusicMan11 Peer Supporter

I have been dealing with chronic sinusitis for the past 4-5 months. I have read Sarno's books and believe in all of this theories, but just wondering if anyone else has overcome chronic sinusitis as TMS?

I have read a little about people using the methods to prevent sinus infections, but not much about people using the methods to cure themselves from them.

2. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

That’s a difficult question. Chronic sinusitis can have different causes, as far as I know. My mother had surgery and they removed a lot of tissue that had a fungus in it. I had great success with cortisone spray. I had a acute sinusitis and continued with the spray for two months. After that I never had a problem anymore with my sinuses. Before that they bothered me a lot. However, there is always a psychological dimension to diseases. And chronification often has to do with psychological processes. So, if your doctors don’t know anything what they can do, I would try the TMS way. Try to keep your sinuses unblocked the natural way. There is this Indian tradition of cleansing the nose with a special bottle. Use light salt water, that helps.
    Good luck!