1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Do not wish to feel well

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by freedomseeker, Jan 14, 2019.

1. freedomseeker

freedomseeker Peer Supporter

In the wise words of Doctor Claire Weekes,

“When you go to bed, do not pray to wake up feeling well. Pray to wake up with the courage to accept yourself as you find yourself in the morning.”

Acceptance of “what is” will take away the fear behind your symptoms. And without fear, your symptoms have no purpose and no power.

EileenS, suky, westb and 5 others like this.
  2. Rosebud

Rosebud Peer Supporter

So true, so simple, and yet so difficult...

suky likes this.
  3. fbcoach

fbcoach Peer Supporter

This simple quote really hit home with me at a time of need. THANK YOU for that :))

4. Pietro Carloni

Pietro Carloni Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for the remider,
    I listened and read Claire Weekes in really dark moments and her words echo in my memory when I'm in trouble.
    The problem is that many times we are unaware of what we really feel; It happens to me that in front of an important commitment I prepare myself to face it to the best of my ability. I believe that behind this kind of reasoning lies in reality the fear of feeling bad and of not being able to face the future as we would like. Under these circumstances TMS reappears as if by magic and the symptoms affect different parts of my body.

5. westb

westb Well known member