1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Digestive question

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by abby135, Jul 10, 2021.

Tags:
  1. abby135

abby135 New Member

Hello all
    I’m sorry about all the long detail … but I believe the previous pelvic pain I had that is mostly gone most of the time was tms… 4 weeks ago I had to go to a wedding in a too tight of dress and “ sucked” in my tummy ( constant bad habit of mine) just cyz I worried about the tummy showing … next day prolly sucked in more as I was at the beach in bikini…that evening almost got into an accident as the boat rolled off the trailer in the highway… I had a brief flashback in my head of a feeling I haven’t had since I was in a horrible car accident over 20 years ago… I’m guessing I was fearing another accident … anyway we were fine and no one hit us… that nite during my sleep I felt tightness in upper belly… it worsened throughout following day with what felt like the worst indigestion ever … with pain radiating into my ribs and shoulder blades -got home did some massage and stretching and got much better … did get some muscle release done a couple days later snd became pain free … a few days later the bloated pressure tummy feel returned … so I did go to dr … she wanted to call it acid reflux snd didn’t think much was wrong … though I had no heartburn … I did start getting better again … then felt sore in upper tummy abs a few days later and did some muscle work myself and out of no where an hour later developed terrible heartburn for several days ( did not have that prior)… got that under control but still felt this weird presser feeling in upper tummy … went to another dr… she too listened and felt my tummy snd wanted to call it acid reflux … whatever maybe it is or isn’t … I don’t currently have any heartburn … and reflux is tms anyway in my brain … so anyway I did some detoxing this week and just came off a 3 day fast todsy…the morning after the liver/gallbladder flush, all tummy symptoms disappeared snd I felt fantastic snd full of energy through through entire fast( I do detoxing from time to time as I healed some difficult “ incurable “ diseases years ago - non tms ) so it’s a way of health for me… anyway no tummy stuff at all while fasting… niw tiday I broke the fast through light eating … and the pressure pain is still gone I think but I’m in a state of anxiety over it returning I can tell … what did return after beginning light eating again is this little bubble feel that rolls up the esophagus like I have to burp… none of that these last 3 days… is this all in my head fearing some digestive issue ? Or should I say tms? Like I feel so edgy and scared to eat now … tms? thanks

I should add - I have been having terrible self image issuers ( honestly anxiety probably) over the winter after gaining some pounds and not having a flat enough tummy … but had no pain or bloating or upper belly concerns until after that one weekend I described above and mysteriously this bloat/ pressure/ air bubble / heartburn stuff appears the day after …so it feels like mentally I may have brought “ symptoms” to an area I have been hating and struggling with for months due to self image concerns. Idk- what do you think? It’s like I fear something is wrong digestive wise and I can’t let it go …

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Abby,

Quite an ordeal! I had similar symptoms so I understand what it’s like and how it feels.

I wrote a post about my experiences with acid reflux and what helped. Whether it’s TMS or other reasons, hope it brings you complete relief.

https://www.fredamir.com/single-post/2017/07/19/relieve-acid-refulx-in-four-steps

I had a really bad case of gastritis when going through my TMS journey due due all the pain meds but it disappeared once I learned about TMS.

3. abby135

abby135 New Member

Thank you!