1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by DMAC100, Apr 3, 2020.

1. DMAC100

DMAC100 Newcomer

I am having some success recognising the emotions that connect to my pain however I still have a long way to go. After day 6 I felt great. Day 7 was a reward and relax day and this morning on day 8 I woke up with increased pain. I think this is no real shock considering I tend to get worse TMS pain at weekends and holidays therefore on a down day I have possibly not been as occupied and this has triggered pain. I don’t fully know I am just guessing but I went from 6 days of improvement and now I have regressed the considerably this morning when I woke. Thankfully as the day has went on I have improved.

I have a bad habit of checking in and monitoring the pain. I did this last night. My pain has shifted from my back to me knee and when I lock me knee or fully extend it I get a sharp pain. I kept trying to connect to my emotions and then check for the pain again and obviously it was still there. It is as if I am almost addicted to searching for the pain just to monitor and see if still there. I need to stop as I know this is not helping my progress at all. It is a movement that I sometimes have to make maybe a couple of times a day but I can do this upwards of 20, 30 or 50 times on a bad day just because I want to check again and again if it is there so it clearly has my attention. I 100% believe in TMS but I have grown accustomed to searching for my pain and in turn causing myself anger and frustration each time I find it.

When I wake up with increased pain I have often been grinding my teeth when sleeping and this shows I am not fully at ease when I am in sleep mode. Today has been a good day considering how it started. I know TMS improvement is not linear so I need to stay positive which I have to admit I wasn’t to begin with however, in the past I would have let this control my whole day where as it only grasped hold of the first few hours of my morning before I hit the reset button and got motivated again.

I will keep updates coming along the way and will take any advice that others may have.

Thanks