1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 7, emotions linking with symptoms

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Xara, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

The question to ponder in the seventh day is: Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your pain ?
    I don't know if I can contribute to this discussion, as I am not sure yet.
    But ... As far as dizziness is concerned ( I would like to write because there is few information about it), I feel that I get dizzy firstly when I am in hurry and want to finish something. Hurry, hurry, faster, faster, these are chores or job, in which I am not engaged or something that I feel wastes my time, regarding my belief of what is important or what is useful or nurturing. So is it anger about wasting my time or about pressure I put on myself?
    Secondly, I get dizzy when I feel I don't control things. Why do I need to control everything? Probably, because of insecurity or low self esteem or fear or something else. What emotion is this? I really cannot tell.
    Anyway, I think every human being needs to be listened to, given attention and approval and our society produces among other products disapproval, offensive behaviour or simply behaviours that claim you are nothing, except you are doing what society wants to be done, but always too much is never enough. This situation produces much much anger and pressure, even among our closest- family, friends etc.
    I don't know if this is relative with the emotions causing pain. In my occasion pain says only one thing. Stay home and rest, relax and fill your batteries. Don't want more pressure