1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by just_one, Nov 23, 2022.

1. just_one

just_one New Member

I have been dealing with pain for 5-6 years. I have been to a couple doctors for this. They mention that there are no organs in that area and they don’t know what could be the source of the pain. They have given referrals for both OMT and PT. Both of these practitioners were qualified and confident they knew what was wrong and how to fix it, but after months of treatments, the pain was still persistent.

I started to think about Dr. Sarno’s work after this. 20 years ago, I had been dealing with carpal tunnel and back pain. After reading Dr. Sarno’s work back then, I had been living largely pain free for the past 20 years. I was thinking that this pain was different. That I was cured of my former condition, and that I had that part of my life fairly squared away.

I then started to think about when my current pain started, when it was at its worst. These were all during very stressful periods of my life. Also, I started again looking at my personality type and history of family trauma. The bells started ringing, and here I am again :).

I consider myself sort of a survivor, and I attribute much of where I am based on the fact that I have been able to muscle through difficult circumstances in my life. That has made me a resilient person, but it also has its limits (which I think I’m finding now). I think I’ll just allow a little grace to flow into my life now. I’d like to thank this community for being that grace.

hecate105 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

As I just put on another post - a leopard does not change its spots but it can recognise that it has spots!!
    10 years fibro-free but still get caught out occasionally!!