1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 4 personality trait: anxiety fear

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Xara, Nov 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

I always knew I am anxious, but didn't give much attention to this. Ok, yes, I really often think that some event is tragic, is catastrophic, I worry almost about everything.
    What can somebody do for this??? How can somebody handle it?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Claire Weekes, Hope and Help For Your Nerves.

And/or therapy.

Ask yourself what is it about an event that causes your brain's fight-or-flight response to be triggered. Always remember this: your fearful primitive brain is only concerned about your survival. It is not rational. So what is it that your primitive brain thinks is such a threat to your survival?

Again: it is not rational. It's also selfish, which makes it hard for us goodists to acknowledge. And of course it is not immediately obvious. This is what free-writing techniques are for.

Xara likes this.
  3. Xara

Xara Peer Supporter

I am doing therapy that helps a lot, but it takes time.
    I am also journaling from time to time but I noticed that writing in the forum or expressing it to someone else is much more relieving, as it makes feelings less "big".
    You make nice observations as always

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  4. Cactusflower

Cactusflower Beloved Grand Eagle

Xara, Dr.Schubiner has a book that is very similar to the SEP. He suggests a two way dialog with yourself.Basically it is journalling out loud, and pretending you are both yourself snd someone else.. sort of like your irrational anxiety talking and your rational self. I can’t do it, but it might help you. I think the idea is to become more self dependent and train yourself to stop your current inner dialog by “seeing” it from another point of view.