1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 3 - Exercise

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by just_one, Nov 22, 2022.

1. just_one

just_one New Member

I exercised today after having a terrible bout of spasms. I felt a little better afterwards. My body feels so tight/restrained after these bouts, and it’s good to move again. I still feel a little sore from a bout of spams earlier. I think I have been digging into areas that are very painful for me to acknowledge and my body is doing everything it can to protect me from this.

Also, I had to talk to someone in the middle of doing this work, and it really was not good timing. My mind/body was dealing with the overload of responsibility of doing “the work” and this competing with other responsibilities.

I’m a little afraid of driving at this point. I am just anticipating pain while driving. I know it’s related to my stressors, but not something that I can just turn off. I’m worried that I’ll get into an accident while driving.

Also, I think PT was providing a sort of crutch for me in terms of movement. And also in terms of stress. As soon as I stopped PT, my body was talking much more loudly. Almost as if it knew what was coming. It did just about everything it could this morning to stop me.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds good - you are seeing the mind-body connections, even though your brian is fighting back. The fighting back may get worse before it gets better, just to let you know! I found that loving, but firm, self-talk to my fearful brain was the best response to symptom flares.

You might devote an entire free-writing exercise to the subject of driving and your fears around it. Just a thought!