1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

day 25 question to ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Alyssa5, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

"Success stories that I find helpful, beneficial, and inspiring?"

I enjoy reading success stories because they give me hope that I will get there one day! Since I suffer from pelvic pain, I have tried researching a success story that has similar symptoms as to what I have but I have not found one. I have pelvic pain which started in the rectal area since it has been going on for almost 2 years, it has spread to both butt cheeks, front /side and back of thighs, and sacral area (centralized pain). Some days I also feel my arms are burning. When I research pelvic pain, most people have vaginal pain (vulvodynia) and I don't seem to belong in that or any pelvic pain group. We share the fact that we both suffer from nerve (neuropathy) pain in the pelvic areas which makes it painful to sit. And the fact that most of us cannot openly talk about our pain to outside people not even our own family members. It is a very lonely disease because I can't talk openly to immediate family members about my butt cheeks & thighs burning when I sit.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Alyssa, Pelvic pain is another common TMS symptom, and I have read posts from others about similar pain. It really doesn't matter what the pain is, if if it isn't structural, it is TMS, from repressed emotions. I know "misery loves company" and you would like to share your pains with others who have similar symptoms, but the main thing is to discover those emotions causing them.

I hope those with similar symptoms will reply to you. Meanwhile, keep in mind that the success stories may talk about other symptoms, but they are all from TMS. Keep working in the SEP and you will heal.

Alyssa5 likes this.
  3. Alyssa5

Alyssa5 New Member

Thank you Walt for the reassurance sometimes we all need that cheerleader that helps us keep going when we are struggling to go on. I've suffered from different forms of pain in the past but with pelvic pain it's definitely much more of a challenge.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Alyssa. More cheerleading: Remember, the best is yet to come!

I'm listening to the Metropolitan Opera's Saturday afternoon radio broadcast, of LA BOHEME, my favorite opera. It reminds me of my army service in Fort Knox, Kentucky... listening to the Met Opera at the off-base apartment of a lieutenant who was in charge of the army newspaper I was on. It was a nice diversion from the army and I especially enjoyed it because I wasn't on guard duty or KP that day (peeling potatoes, mopping floors, etc.)

Neither are you, so enjoy the weekend as best you can!

Alyssa5 likes this.