1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 17, Not a fun one :-(

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KatheC, Jan 14, 2016.

1. KatheC

KatheC New Member

I am having a bad TMS day. Woke up feeling bad. I didn't sleep well and my body is telling me so. My neck, low back, and shoulder aches. Last night I went to bed with low back and right foot pain (think I twisted it wrong). It's so frustrating. I keep telling this pain that I know its TMS and trying to figure out what extra anxiety may be causing it, but I'm at a loss. I also have IBS, so when this acts up, it raises my anxiety even more, since my bowels rule all my actions until it calms down. This morning at work I did deep breathing to calm down and it has worked along with Imodium.

Overall the SEP program has been helping with my sciatic pain, but this lingering right low back pain needs to take a hike. I feel confident a good nights sleep will alleviate this shoulder and neck pain that kicked in today. My foot is also slowly feeling better, however, the right back pain must require more journaling, as it still lingers. I hope day 18 is better.

KevinB likes this.
  2. ElizabethG

ElizabethG Peer Supporter

Sorry day 17 wasn't good. Hoping day 18 is much better for you as well!

3. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Thank you for sharing. My experience has also been up and down, just like life... but each day is a new opportunity. I've also been told that we can "restart" a day at any time... easier said than done, but I've been blessed enough to have done that a few times... that is, I've had a few occasions where I was having a "bad day", then got fed up with it and decided to have a "good day", and it worked! All I did was shift my perception. Again, this has been very hard for me and has only worked a few times - but maybe the more one practices it, the more frequent it becomes.

I hope your day 18 was better. For me this stuff works best when I take it one day at a time. More will be revealed.

Best,

Kevin

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, you all. Kevin's way of dealing with TMS and pain is right-on, to take it one day at a time. That's living in the present, not thinking of yesterday's pain or problems, or worrying about tomorrow's. Deep breathing and thinking positive are two of my best-liked TMS techniques. A third is a positive mantra:
    The best is yet to come. That may be partly living in the future, but I consider that kind of thinking okay.

5. KatheC

KatheC New Member

Day 22. Thank you for the advice. I plan to change my outlook when I have another bad day and focus on the positive. By the way, Day 18 was much better after a good nights rest. :)

Your support is so appreciated! The best is yet to come!

ElizabethG and AllPgy like this.