1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New Program Day 15: Mastery Experience

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alan Gordon LCSW, Jul 26, 2017.

1. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

I’ve not heard of Kinsey Milhone but I love her already. Who’s the author?

2. JuliaJulia

JuliaJulia Newcomer

Sue Grafton who passed a away last year. She wrote a book for each of the letters of the alphabet but died before she got to Z. If you like mysteries with not too much violence, these are for you! Kinsey has been my best fictional friend for over 30 years.

3. emilyp

emilyp New Member

The key for me here is “allow yourself to celebrate the accomplishment”....as a someone who leans towards being a perfectionist task master, it’s usually not a matter of getting myself motivated to do something (and the next thing after that)...it’s allowing myself to celebrate the accomplishments before the fear thought have a chance to get a hold (ie “I could be doing more” “what’s next” etc). It’s hard to get the beneficial emotions and chemicals related to empowerment flowing if you don’t give yourself a chance to recognize your wins. So, that is an area I shall try to build more awareness around! Thank you for this program :)

4. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Ugh! Did you have to use the 2004 Red Sox as an example. ;):) As a Cardinal fan (and my wife a Yankee fan), we watched our teams get chewed up and spit out by the Red Sox, as they won 8 games in a row. I can fix it. I'll just replace it with an image of the 2006 and 2011 Cardinals... beerbuds.

But seriously, Alan's Pain Recovery Program has been extraordinarily helpful. Thank you for this generous gift!!