1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 14

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Atlantis, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Atlantis

Atlantis New Member

has anyone experienced getting really sick with a virus or strep while starting this journey of TMS recovery? I’ve been down for 5 days!

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Howdy...I had 2 bad colds towards the end of the program. I know one was fake, but I think the other was real. The fake one hit me like a bad fever with aches, chills, headache. However, I started to suspect things when by day 2 I had no stuffy noise or sore throat. Nearly every cold I've ever had starts with a scratchy, then sore throat. After the 2nd day of aches and feeling feverish, it disappeared.

Remember, colds, infections, the flu, they all have patterns. They usually take a few days or a week tops. If it keeps lingering, it is probably TMS. Although it's always good to have a Dr. clear you. See if your symptoms make sense based on how you normally feel when you have a cold etc. The brain can definitely create those symptoms. My really bad version of TMS started with Mono. My brain just kept the symptoms going after the infection resolved. It was quite convincing.

Try not to worry...if it's real, you should be better quickly. If it's not real, then there's nothing to worry about. :)

3. Atlantis

Atlantis New Member

Thank you.. I believe it’s real. Started antibiotics and in 24 hours I’m feeling better. I ended up having strep throat! Ouch! In the mend and going to go for a walk.