1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 12

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lewisthesamteenth, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Oy. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Did not feel good right off the bat, but I decided to go running anyway. Running was alright, but lots of doubt and fear throughout. Just always worried about coming down too hard and crushing something important. I'm so afraid of getting a twinge that I have to walk down hills; I'm still not at the point where I'm even 100% comfortable running on pavement. It felt particularly difficult today, not sure why. I felt depressed this morning, and I couldn't pinpoint the reason. Maybe something I dreamed.

Intermittent pain throughout the day. I've noticed that the pain really ignites my fear. It's almost as though it makes me feel disappointed in myself, as though I'm failing my recovery. I had been making so much progress and then . . . Sunday. We are moving to a new place tomorrow and I think that has something to do with it. Trying to get everything organized for a move, thinking about all the lifting and the reaching up high, that just gives me a sense of dread. I am trying to stay strong but sometimes it's tough.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read. Keep your fingers crossed for me !

2. srton

srton Well known member

Stay strong! A move is very difficult psychologically and it makes sense (to me, anyways) that the anxiety around the move triggered some pain.
    Maybe take some time to sit with the feelings about the move and just kinda feel them. This is my new tactic - realizing I'm having a feeling and honoring it without trying to "logic it out" or solve it.
    GOOD LUCK!