1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dannyp, Aug 14, 2014.

1. dannyp

dannyp New Member

day 10 and having a bit of a setback, more sore than some other days, is it the topic of my journaling, is there some other emotional trigger that is bringing this on. going to think it through and stay as positive as i can, it will pass im sure

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Dannyp. We all get setbacks in TMS healing, so not to worry.
    Yes, stay positive, and maybe take a break.

Journaling helped me very much, but it can make us think about things that can be downers.

Maybe take the weekend off from even thinking about pain.
    Do things you always liked, that gave you a good feeling.

Have you ever gone to YouTube and looked up music videos of your favorite singers and bands?
    Or typed in the name of one of your favorite movies and see that You Tube may have it to watch
    on your computer, free? I just discovered how many of my favorite old movies are free to watch.
    A few commercial breaks, but I can live with them.

Have fun!

3. Peggy

Peggy Well known member

In Claire Weekes's book, Hope and Help for Your Nerves it says this about setbacks: "Indeed the worst setback of all may come just before complete recovery, just because recovery is so close."

Be gentle with yourself, it's all just part of the process and you can't control the process. You are on the right track by being positive.

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Ryan like this.
  4. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Danny remember also that you are in phase 1 of your recovery, you haven't had time yet to fully recondition, stay course but don't put a time on your healing ok. Your doing great. Bless you