1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Clio O'Toole, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Clio O'Toole

Clio O'Toole New Member

i still have lower back pain. i am moving house. i am stressed. i know i am stressed and well, what to do?
    swim, not swim, bike dont bike. rest?
    i am confused. advice anyone?

2. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

Hi Clio,

Sounds like you have some pain and you are stressed, and it can be confusing. I have been there too. Maybe your idea to rest would serve you well during this time. I have been learning to be more gentle towards myself when I am in bad pain or I am not sure which direction to take.

Peace and lots of healing,

Livvy ~

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Clio:

Moving is one of those BIG life stress events that brings up fear and anxiety - maybe even bad memories from childhood, for some people.

Acknowledge the feelings - don't try to keep them repressed. Stay active in the least threatening way you can think of. If biking seems to hard, then swim, or do gentle yoga. Try some healing or relaxing meditation, and have a conversation with your body - treat it nicely after moving, because that's hard work!

Take care, and let us know how you're doing.

Jan

Beach-Girl likes this.
  4. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Clio,

Welcome to the forum.

I agree, moving house is stressful. When we were moving with my two young girls years ago, I must have been concerned about the older one and someone gave me a good suggestion. That was to have my daughter go through all the rooms of the house one by one. In each room I asked her to think about some good memories that she had had in that room and then to say goodbye to every room. I left her to get on with this task. When she was upstairs I could here her going from room to room, sobbing her little heart out. I think it was good for her to release her emotions and then let them go. She settled in to our new home within a week! Maybe this is something you could consider doing so you are prepared to move forward in your new home.

JanAtheCPA and Livvygurl like this.
  5. Beach-Girl

Beach-Girl Well known member

Hi Clio:

Welcome aboard! Yes - moving is stressful. And so is trying to decide what to do physically each day. I am guessing packing is involved too. Do what you can and leave the rest.

We're expecting my husband's sister this week. My house looks like a hurricane hit it! But I'm letting this go. We asked her not to come now due to how busy this week is - but she has insisted. So. It will be what it is.

Try and do a little walk (that is just for you) or something of that nature. Then do what you can to prepare for the move. We're here for you with support.

BG

6. Clio O'Toole

Clio O'Toole New Member

Thank u all so much. I am very happy to be part of this