1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Day 10

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jay24, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Jay24

Jay24 New Member

I can't believe it is 10 days already! I am feeling I have taken 2 steps backwards as my pain level has increased since last 2 days. I have been walking everyday and doing my daily chores. Now that am aware of TMS I know something is bothering my unconscious mind but I am unable to pinpoint at the exact cause. I am trying to tell my mind not to bother me with pain but it is not working. I read similar posts where pain level increased for various TMS sufferers. Any thoughts on how to deal with the increased pain.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Jay, increased pain can be part of the TMS healing process. Your subconscious mind still wants you to discover any repressed emotions or to work on a perfectionist and "goodist" personality. You need to reinforce your belief that TMS is causing your pain. Even a little doubt can slow the process.

Be encouraged that you are walking every day and doing regular activity such as chores. Keep that up and keep your spirit up that you will heal and you will heal. You may be impatient to heal, and that is natural, but healing comes when you are most relaxed. I still find deep breathing to be the best healing technique. That and living in the present moment.

3. Jay24

Jay24 New Member

Thanks Walt for your encouraging words.