1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 update

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lasseb81, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Lasseb81

Lasseb81 New Member

update on my progress. physically I feel good most of the time. My problems come with strength training. Especially afterwards I often have problems at night, with troubled legs and buttocks. It doesn't hurt, it's just uneasy. I feel the last few days I have become sadder. Doesn't seem like I can get out of feeling sad. I keep thinking about my seperation and how I can get back to her and the kids.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

That is great to hear!

This happened to me a few times due to the regular journaling and emotional exploration the SEP prompts. I know it's not fun, but try not to worry too much about it. You may need to feel the emotions for a while before you can process them. I tried not to censor those feelings, but if I found myself dwelling on them and repeating them over and over, I took some conscience steps to move on, or at least take a break. For example, find a distracting hobby or activity, or force yourself to think about the "bright side" for a while. TMS teaches that ignoring the difficult feelings leads to trouble. Likewise, if we only pay attention to those feelings, we lose sight of the happier things in life. Everybody needs a break.

It sounds like you're on track. Keep up the good work!

Lasseb81 likes this.