1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Day 10 - progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by lquigs, Aug 19, 2014.

1. lquigs

lquigs New Member

Hi there - I am on Day 10 and it suggests to post how I am doing on the program so I thought I would go ahead and do that. I am one of those people who had chronic pain in several different areas of my body. I am happy to say that I have felt very little pain in my right shoulder and left hip which is fantastic. But the pain in my left elbow and left hand is still there. I keep telling myself that it is TMS and that it will go away.

I know that we are suppose to resume activities that we may have been avoiding, but do we do this while the pain is still there or should we wait until the pain is gone?

I have been journaling every day, following the program's topics to journal about, but I find I cannot journal usually any longer than 15 minutes. I just run out of things to write down. I don't know if it is because I am still repressing certain feelings or if there really isn't anything else I need to express.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, lquigs. Journaling for 15 minutes a day is all you need to do.
    You may have learned what the main things are that you are repressing,
    but may not have spent enough time thinking about how your personality can cause pain.
    Most of us with TMS pain are perfectionists and have a "goodist" personality, wanting
    everyone to like us. Maybe work on those a little more. You're doing great and soon will
    be posting in the "success subforum."

3. lquigs

lquigs New Member

Thanks Walt - yes that is something I haven't spent much time thinking about yet, though I did make a list of my personality traits and certainly fit the 'typical' TMS profile. I am assuming this will be addressed in the Structured Education Program in the days to come as well.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Iquigs, Herbie and I wrote a new book about TMS healing,
    GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BE IN PAIN.

This section may help you, on visualizing and meditation:

Visualizations with Meditation

I want to express in this chapter how important it is to do the visualizations with your meditations added to your belief. I will be telling of ways and styles so you can apply them today and start to get results from the beginning. This will be the emphasis of this chapter.

We can feel pain from stresses of all kinds and from many sources. In the past, I’d let a butterfly stress me if I couldn’t catch it. I had to learn to deal with this through awareness and then acceptance that I didn’t have to be so stressed over nothings anymore. Now I know I don’t have to be stressed over anything anymore.

I really don’t want them, but we have issues and concerns all the time. We react to cats climbing trees if that cat is our Mom’s and she wants it down. Be cool, say your affirmations. You should be prepared by now. We don’t have to have those stressful reactions any longer.

I thought when I started the TMS healing process that I was going to find that one big repressed emotion that would relieve my pain. But for me, and also for Walt, it was all kinds of stuff -- anger, anxiety, sensitization and more.

Discouragement: I was always having bad worries about my family and son. Here’s the kicker. I’d be worried even when there was nothing to be worried about.

In other words, just about everyone thinks negative or destructive thoughts. We don’t always know better. Sometimes we don’t care, and at other times we don’t even know we’re doing it. If you’re not focused on living, forgiveness, hope and love and you’re stressing over little nothings, then this might just be your one big repression, while the others may be anger, anxiety and fear.

The Colors of Fear

1. The first line of defense in TMS healing is learning to deal with fear.
    I believe that fear is the most misunderstood of all the emotions, because most of us know we have it, but won’t admit it. Then when we do admit it, we don’t want to do the exercises that make it all work and lead to our healing.

2. To conquer fear, first you must use mindfulness meditations in which you will see the word fear in whatever color you represent or want it to be. Make sure you do this when fear is upon you, or really any thought of distress. You’ll always have emotions associated with a picture and emotion about a person or event. So you’ll see how effective this technique really is.

3. Watch the color of the word fear turn to black and white. I know it will usually be black or red. I just always represent the word fear in red to make it simple. If you have come this far, make sure you understand each technique that builds up to the next. These lessons are food for your spirit.

4. Then watch the picture turn yellow, and I mean really see a bright yellow not just vague.

5. Finally, you have this big paint roller full of white paint, and you’ll just roll right over the yellow color and make it white.

6. Then watch the picture disappear instantly. Open your eyes as you look off into the now, and feel the awareness all around you. Stay there for about 15 seconds, and then try to think of the negative thought again. You won’t be able to.

7. No, it’s not magic. It’s programming at its finest.

8. This will get rid of any fear you associate with any memory you think of that gives you fear.

9. This is the go-to technique for all tensive thinking which we will get to shortly.

lquigs likes this.