1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 10 Day 10 - baking, drawing, and being OK about mess

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by movingcloud, Sep 22, 2012.

1. movingcloud

movingcloud Peer Supporter

I'm starting this new thread as suggested as part of day 10. I just want to say that in the last few days I have been doing stuff with renewed enthusiasm! Previously, before finding the TMS wiki it might have been about "doing this might bring on pain", now its "let's go in this direction and see what happens!"
    I have bought a sketchbook, and started drawing pictures representing the psychological changes I'm sensing, I've baked brownies and given them all away, and I am practising being calm / less anxious about the thick plume of brick dust all over my living space as a result of home improvements. What's the change? Being open about new ideas, and catching the anxious thoughts before they have a chance to bring on more pain.

yb44, Susan and veronica73 like this.
  2. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds like you are acting with purpose and giving activities your full attention, in other words you are being more mindful. Rather productive of you and I'm wondering what you got up to on Day 11.

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thinking physically can be boiled down to one sentence: doing this might bring on pain. Your post shows that you have fully changed from this line of thought and have now begun to think psychologically. Your post shows that you don't necessarily have to exercise to be active. Simply drawing pictures, or baking brownies can be helpful in overcoming TMS.

The reason why is because you are doing what you love to do. The TMS personality focuses so much on the needs of other people. The pleasing, goodist trait makes us think we need to do only what other people want to do. It is amazing at the progress you can have when you put your needs first and do the activities you love to do. This is one reason why I love the "Self-Care Day" part of the program. It gives people the chance to bring some joy into their lives.