1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

CRPS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by ibelit, May 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ibelit

ibelit New Member

I am new to TMSwiki. My 15-year old daughter has suffered from CRPS for 1.5 years. We tried everything and nothing helped. She is getting progressively worse and has lost all hope.
    From what little I know, I think TMS might be the basis for her CRPS. She is a super-achiever and an advanced cello player. She has been on crutches for the last 4 months following a foot surgery. She is stuck both emotionally and physically.
    Where do I start? Thank you.

miffybunny likes this.
  2. mbo

mbo Well known member

3. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi @ibelit ,

I'm so sorry to hear about what your daughter is going through. I fully recovered from CRPS in both feet and both knees and she will too. You can read my success story here on the wiki and I also write for the defeatcrps site linked above by @mb0 . Don't hesitate to contact me any time, in private or here on the forum, or by email.

Baseball65 likes this.
  4. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

@ibelit, don't be discouraged. Your daughter has a very good chance to recover 100%, much like several people on this forum did. My success story is on the same defeatcrps.com site. CRPS is ultimately TMS. It is the disease of overstressed nervous system.
    Feel free to reach out.

Tamara

miffybunny likes this.
  5. ibelit

ibelit New Member

Thank you so much for your response and encouragement! We are just beginning our mind body journey... We started with Nicole Sachs’ course, but will also follow the methods of Dr Schubiner, as recommended above, once I get a chance to study them. I myself developed anxiety over my daughter’s progressively worse condition and state of mind. Even though I am an adult who has no significant chronic pain but instead so many coping resources and mechanisms, I still wake up in terror almost every night not knowing how to help my child and watching her getting worse both physically and mentally - despite all the “medical care” that she receives. I feel confident about the mind body approach and believe it will help us. Even though she gets very anxious whenever I come up with new ideas and therapies “that might help her”, she opened her mind almost immediatrly to the mind body approach - even though I just barely introduced the concept to her. She has been telling me for a while that seeing 3-5 doctors and therapists every week has been making her worse and that her brain would only respond to “normal” activities that “normal” people do such as yoga, meditation, etc.
    However, I have many burning questions that I would like to ask someone. Would you be willing to speak with me briefly? Thank you for reading!

6. ibelit

ibelit New Member

Thank you so much for your response and encouragement! I will read your story and reach out!