1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Conversation with a back Ache!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by andy64tms, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Me: OK back ache, enough is enough. I need to fix the roof before the rains come!

Back Ache: Groan!

Me: It will be OK, I have to start, I have been procrastinating for several months. You know, one poor excuse after the other?

Back Ache: Can’t you hire someone?

Me: I don’t trust anybody.

Back Ache: Why?

Me: I am an engineer type, I get extreme satisfaction out of doing the job right the first time, I am retired have plenty of time, and with the money I save I can buy a new windsurfing sail.

Back Ache: That’s not totally true, You have enough money to do both.

Me: Yes, I am lying to myself. TMSers do this all the time, you see I am also a frugal fart as well.

Back Ache: I am not feeling very well right now.

Me: That’s my fault, I have not exercised you recently.

Back Ache: I know, I know, you fractured your sacrum, had a cold, and could not exercise in smoky California. My cousin Charlie, your Neck Ache has really been really kicking up, we have been working together to make you really miserable.

Me: Well I am better now, I’ll go easy on you, if you feel bad I’ll give you a yoga pull.

Back Ache: That’s not good enough, can I have a heating pad and Tylenol PM as well?

Me: No! The yoga pull is just to remind me.

Back Ache: Remind you of what?

Me: To slow down, take a break, think!

Back Ache: A reminder! Is that all I mean to you.

Me: Yup.

:)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Jules and Nzombro like this.
  2. Jules

Jules Well known member

Yep, and that’s exactly how we have to talk to our, er, freinds, like a child that throws a tantrum, putting their hands over their ears, because damnit, the truth hurts. ;)

andy64tms likes this.
  3. andy64tms

andy64tms Well known member

Hi Jules,

In 2012 I did some of Howard Schubiner’s education program. It was suggested that I write a letter to my TMs as to how I view it. So with tongue in cheek I created this thread. Since TMS is “YOU” it knows how you think even before you do so. It knows your every move and thought. These days I treat TMS with humor and acceptance, and I am doing quite well despite the comments in my above conversation.

http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7290
    After reading this thread you may understand why you are confused, I hope it helps.

Well done for quitting your job, I know firsthand this situation and quitting ended up being the best decision I ever made, I likened myself to a squirrel jumping from one tree to another. Do we ever really know where we are going to land?

Good luck:)