1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 conditioning and crying

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ellie freegan, Apr 27, 2015.

1. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

thanks to everyone whose replied to my other posts. I guess im still worrying whether i can undo my conditioning to expect and therefore have pain in certain positions/activities and whether I can uncover my repressed emotions as i seem to be having trouble doing this.
    I think it would be useful for me to cry more as although i often feel low i very rarely cry. Does anyone have ideas about how to cry. Do you think watching sad films could be useful or this the wrong approach as its not getting in touch with sadness about my own issues?
    thanks again.

2. ellie freegan

ellie freegan Peer Supporter

another worry i have is that by thinking of all the negative things from my childhood i will make myself believe that my childhood was worse than it was as i dont believe it was that bad. If I do this but dont get better it might actually make me worse in the long run emotionally.

3. priaash

priaash New Member

Hi ellie
    Breaking conditions is really hard but it happens. You need to tell your brain that some thing going on emotionally and I am truly concentrating on it. Need to focus what you feel and feel that in your body and see the results........

4. Ryan

Ryan Well known member

As jung said nothing inhibits feeling like thinking. You have to stop trying to make your emotions come. You cannot control your emotions of when to come or make them come. Look at how you are reacting to life now and start piecing your puzzle together.

Ryan

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Ellie,

I think sad movies are great for crying. I love how movies (not even sad ones) move me. It is nice to be moved emotionally. It is wonderful that you can see you want to cry more. That is a good start!

I would not worry about feeling worse about your childhood. If you feel it was not that bad right now, you won't feel worse when you explore it. The feelings that get revealed will be like food for you. You will know yourself more and feel more. You will have more evidence of how TMS is working in you.

I get that you are afraid of not feeling enough or the right things to cure the TMS. Don' worry, so much as explore and feel. I think the answers will come.

Andy B.

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

When I journaled about my boyhood, I came to realize a lot that I had been repressing or just didn't understand.

For example, I always wondered why brother, four years older then I, was sometimes so mean to me.
    Once, he nearly killed me.

In journaling, I realized he was angry because our parents asked him to look after me and our sister while
    they were at work. He wanted to be with his pals, and took it out on me. That knowledge helped me to forgive him.
    I wish I had known about TMS before he died.