1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Chronic neck pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by marine89, Dec 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. marine89

marine89 Peer Supporter

Iv had chronic neck pain since a pretty serious car accident in 2015. About 4 mnths later the pain started in my neck and has been pretty consistent. I learned about TMS in 2017 and Iv been doing a lot better the last 3-6 mnths. Welll.. 10 days ago I was rear ended in my car. No damage to my car but the impact felt significant. Immediately I started catastrophizing about my neck and if this made it worse etc. A few days ago I woke up w the same pain I felt 4 yrs ago and my neck entirely flared up.
    Anyone think I actually aggravated my neck or the fear and anxiety about it caused my pain to spiral out of control again. Thanks any advice is welcome.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Anxiety!!! Its an awful thing! My tms started after a car crash and I was rear-ended (car written off) about 12 years later, - like you i started panicking, had worse symptoms and as a result cancelled our dream holiday to Egypt that was my husband's 40th birthday present - so added a big dollop of guilt too...!!
    It was years before I found Dr Sarno and this website - and cured myself of the myriad symptoms I had. I am now perfectly healthy and am going to cycle halfway around the world...! Which proves that it is all tms - either you have immediate damage in an accident - which when treated heals - or it is tms.... Pain that takes time to come on, moves around, varies, is accompanied by other symptoms that do not seem to have a cause - it is all tms!
    Get back to your tms work - do not let yourself catastrophise - do something else - meditate, journal, go walking in nature - anything but stress yourself - be kind to you - you deserve it!

marine89 likes this.
  3. marine89

marine89 Peer Supporter

4. marine89

marine89 Peer Supporter

Wow. So you don’t think the cause my my flared up symptoms which are sooo bad are the result of a fender bender last week. I was anticipating and worrying about it making my neck worse and sure enough now look. I’m a mess and I don’t know how to carry on the pain is so severe.

5. hecate105

It makes sense to get medical advice after an accident - but if they cannot see physical damage - then it is very likely tms - especially if you already know you have those types of personality traits! It is interesting that in countries that consider 'whiplash' to be medical condition - and which accept that for compensation claims - whiplash is very common.... in other countries that do not name it as a medical condition and therefore have no compensation for it - it never gets reported.... they just do not exhibit that range of symptoms! Funny eh?!

6. marine89

marine89 Peer Supporter

7. marine89

marine89 Peer Supporter

I got an X-ray the day after. Now waiting for an mri. Maybe that would put my mind at ease.

8. hecate105

Nothing on the x-ray - so it ain't broke... you need to mend it! ;):inpain: