1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Central nervous system question and tms

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Asherman27, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Asherman27

Asherman27 New Member

hello fellow TMS’ers.

I’m still understanding and learning about TMS. I am journaling and reading! Something I’m trying to understand is when I do journal about my past or present or when I’m around a situation that is upsetting or stressful or even exciting I feel it on my skin. It comes in as tingling or even painful goosebumps. My question is how is the nervous system effected by TMS? Or is this unrelated? I feel like I have triggers that bring these symptoms on.

I’ve been cleared of ms and other neluerological disorders. I do have a brain malformation (that I was born with and not severe enough for surgery) but the neurosurgeon does not think this has any correlation to the symptoms. I have really great days with little to no symptoms but then some days when I’m working on things and or stressed I really feel it.

I can’t thank this forum and site enough.

Amy

2. Lizzy

Lizzy Well known member

Hi Amy,

I can't answer your question about the science, but I can tell you that I have experienced symptoms with my skin. The nervous system can be affected in many ways. The skin on my neck and the top of my chest would itch and tingle when I did my weight workout during a time when I didn't want to exercise. It went on for weeks. That was the only time it would happen. I also have occasionally had raw, red, itchy patches on my elbows since I found out almost a year ago that my estranged father has heart and kidney failure, but it goes away almost overnight when I talk to my brain. So, I know what it is and am not suffering from symptoms all the time, thankfully, but I am a TMSer, for sure. That doesn't mean you will continue to have problems. My husband only experiences symptoms every couple of years and they only last long enough for him to tell his brain he's on to it.

I'm glad you found the forum, it is a great place!

Lizzy

3. Asherman27

Asherman27 New Member

Lizzy!!!

Thank you so much!!! This really helps!

I met up with an old friend today and we’re trying to get our friendship back on track (I was a fixer in the friendship and the care taker). I held a ton of resentment and anger for about 3 years. I exepext my symptoms to rise up again as I deal with these feelings and emotions. I was just wondering the science behind the nervous system and skin symptoms with emotions. Thank you for your reply!!

Amy

Lizzy likes this.