1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

can there be nerve pain appearing with TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by learningmore, Sep 6, 2022.

1. learningmore

learningmore Peer Supporter

I don't mean pain, necessarily, but the numbness or difficulty in moving stuff?

Like imagine you have a pinched nerve in your back. Normally, you might have numbness and maybe difficulty managing that part. Yet, is it possible that this could be TMS actually, instead of a pinched nerve? Stress frequently presents as pain. I'm asking if it can display as lack of coordination.

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Fact: our brains, the same brains that create TMS symptoms and other physical phenomena like phantom limb pain (which has been accepted by the medical community as real); the same brains that keep our hearts beating, our lungs breathing, our digestive systems extracting nutrients from raw ingredients, and which are in charge of innumerable other sophisticated and even more esoteric systems and processes - these are the brains which can create any symptom from all of these options.

Short answer: yup.

Secondary answer: if you have a new symptom that is concerning you, get it checked out. Most of us who have been doing this awhile have developed a sense of when we should see a medical professional, vs when we are willing to say "eh, it's probably just TMS". Which it usually is.

fridaynotes likes this.
  3. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

I had crazy mysterious nerve pain, numbness and tingling in legs and arms as well as the feeling of strange electric sparks up and down my arms~ especially when i laid down to sleep. I completely healed from it by doing the important and hard inner work of TMS recovery and calming my nervous system and reminding myself that there was intrinsically nothing wrong with my body.

Lily Rose and JanAtheCPA like this.