1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

But my pain is real?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Remember when you get to doing well some minor pain only means there’s stress. So in time you'll learn how to control this stress too.
    See we never lose all the stress. It’s a part of life cause stress helps us grow. We just learn how to deal with it better. You have to have peace that’s key. Remember the affirmations.
    The keys are in every step we talk about here at tmswiki.org. It’s not easy to boil it down to one thing.
    And we don’t have to because these are stressors, triggers, perceptions, reactions, bad habits and more.

I get asked a lot about how to look at pain:

See if I dropped a boiler full of hot scalding water on my foot would it be real? Yes! Would it hurt? Yes.....did I apply the tms healing therapy to it (yes)-this really happened folks used the awareness and acceptance that if I thought worse pain, fear thoughts and doubtful thoughts then I'd create more pain. So I used the ignore method and twenty minutes later (I got better) I started to think psychological, like well, if I keep my mind on the pain then I hurt worse. So my mind got on the boil (physical) from the blister and I thought ,well if you keep that thinking up, it will just be a bigger blister. Then I relaxed, got a book and went to sleep.

The next day it’s a blister, its big, but no pain. See this is physical and even though I applied burn cream I still thought tms healing. That's the core right there. Apply the theory all the way if you think it's physical or not. It can only help.
    We're told to have full physical check-ups if you think it needs attention, give it attention. When you here it’s nothing, stop the attention. If we hear it is physical or mental, see here's the good part tms healing therapy still works. There's a lot more to it than just ignoring the symptom but I really believe you get what I’m saying.
    We have to start to accept and become aware and think psychological. There’s a lot to those psychological words alone not counting getting rid of the fear. We apply this therapy as a winners edge. Whether its benign or not by all means if its not benign then do what you have to do but adding the tms psychosomatic/mind-body healing therapy helps tons.

I’m applying it to emotions and all parts of my life, I’ve recovered from debilitating pain and now I know if I can heal my body with my mind, then I can do anything all the time.
    The problem lies in the emotions and how we react but see its also fear of the pain. Now this doesn’t apply to everything, we do use great sense here. If I get shot with an arrow. I will go and get it medically re-moved and most likely take a pain pill-but see by what I’ve learnt about tms healing I’m still going to get better faster...
    So....if you had a car wreck 20 yrs. ago and hurt your back and your still hurting you probably got tms from a lot of stress from being in pain that long....but it still stays till we stop anchoring negative emotions to our perceptions....and a few dozen other daily re-minders and you get the picture.....

I’ll be writing more post for formulas too so folks can see how it all works together.
    The formula above is a powerful antidote. It's time we get connected for a big reason and nothing will stop that, there has to be a desire and passion to heal, just believe, the desire will come. See that’s a formula.

Were blessed and nothing is going to stop our goals. Sure we will have setbacks but we don’t expect setbacks or ignore them, we accept them and move on. I truly believe we can limit ourselves by not just accepting and believing.

Remember when Jesus said the ones who haven’t seen me and believe, they are the ones that will have power. Sometimes we have to stand and say I’m healed before were all the way healed so we can receive our full healing. In other words just do what you’re doing now if you’re believing-don’t lie-I’m not saying that, I’m talking about walking in the faith realm. Just think on these things Were told to just believe-these concepts were huge to my recovery.

And always remember-read Sarnos books.

2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Eric, your case of the boiling hot water foot bath reminds me of badly wounded men during WWII. They were laying about on stretchers with wounds that should have required a morphine drip, but none of them complained about their pain. In fact, they were jolly and telling jokes to one another. What was going on? They were so relieved to be alive and away from the killing fields at the front that their pain seemed like nothing in comparison to the hell they'd just been in. Now they were going to the hospital with nurses to care for them. Just the feeling of relief still being alive canceled out their perception of pain. A kind of situational 'natural' high. Obviously, our perception of pain is quite relative and situation-specific.

3. RikR

RikR Well known member

Yes these were called million dollar wounds since you could not buy your way out of the war otherwise. In 1994 my wife and I were in a serious injury auto accident, the police came as did the ambulances. We were on scene for about two hours then declined ambulance transport.

We were totally emotionally spent and went home and took a nap. When we woke neither of us could get out of bed and had to call an ambulance....we both had severe injuries!!

The moral here is that cortisol and adrenalin are pain killers – I and probably many of us stayed in a hyper roused state for years....living off our natural pain killers while our denial allowed us to soldier on until we hit the threshold and our body or the inner child said enough!

4. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

I remember a situation similar to that where I was run off the road by some uninsured kids who'd "borrowed" their mother's car and then made a left turn right in front of me as I was accelerating to pass them on the left on the way over Sonora Pass. Needless to say, they hit my right front fender and pushed me into the ditch on the left side of the road. My fender was trashed, so I pulled it away from where it was rubbing on my tire, got their names and addresses, and drove on to complete my trip to the East Side of the Sierra. Well, after thinking about it, I thought I needed some time to chill out, so I parked my car and went down to a creek to sit and relax. The minute I sat down next to the mountain stream, I suddenly started shaking head to toe and feeling really, really cold. I said to myself I better abandon my trip and go back to the Bay Area. Then, after a night's sleep, I woke up and felt like I was beat up all over. As you point out, RikR, the cortisol and adrenalin must have kept me up and killed the pain of the collision for a whole 24-hours afterwards (that is, other than those rather obvious signs of shock 2o minutes after impact). Incidentally, I must have been going almost 60 when the car-napping uninsured kids turned in front of me, so the force of impact must have been quite severe even though I didn't notice it at the time. Good thing I was only 24, had amazing reaction times, and banked my wounded car into the ditch to avoid a direct impact with mama's wheels.

5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

MorComm you have some powerful analagies and Rik you already know what i think of your wisdom-yes its that good-thanks
    you guys have some great insights
    My point was the pain that no one including me at one time thought wed ever get rid of-
    its so hard to fathom but its true-the metaphor was one that i really wanted to hit home on how
    the power of fear,doubt and dis-belief can have over our lifes
    to think back on my own disabilitating pain-i never in a million years thought if i resumed all physical activity
    that id heal-i had to get the pain levels doun first but i was conditioned that just to use a mop would lay me in the bed for a week
    and i took sarno at his word-i learned what conditioning meant and what fear and anger were doing to me
    by reading sarnos books-then i said to myself ,ok here we go-it nearly killed me
    but have you ever seen those p-90-x clips in which at first they look like their dying in pain while working out
    well that was me except fifty x worse,but a strange thing happened-
    the more i resisted the fear-the more i took those walks and lifted lightly of course-the more i learned to calm my anger by
    acceptance and affirmations and using awareness to catch my triggers-
    the closer everyday i got,and then that glorius day came when i wrote my healed post
    but it was a battle -like a baby learning to walk again-i had to do all these simutanously all the time 24/7
    now i make sure to stay tuned-that means i still practice tms healing and affirmations along with other calming and encouraging traits
    to do my business-when i go see my family members-when i drive across town
    as we know tms healing is a lesson in life and that night i had that boiling water hit my foot
    i was already healed from the body pain but now i had this outside source peirceing through my flesh
    what was i to do? apply the tms healing method-affirm calmness-dont fear-and know that this would pass
    and guys ive had burns that hurt for days being a contractor by trade and dealing with hot tar-but that night it was like
    i cant handle this-it felt like it was boiling through my foot-and as strange as it sounds in 20 minutes i was fine
    the story above by morcomm of the veterans,i felt like i had a million dollar wound too rik when the pain seemed to magically leave