1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Bursitis of hip and back pain completely gone

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Helenlouise, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Helenlouise

Helenlouise New Member

Thank you all so much for operating this web site and for promoting the work of Doctor Sarno and the writers and practitioners who have followed in his footsteps. I have been using the site and devouring the books for nearly a year now. The pain did try migrating around as in the symptom imperative but understanding of my own shadow anger, fear and actually in my case, self pity, really did the trick. I am a practicing christian and found that taking these things to God in prayers as well as using a diary and then throwing the contents away , and using the structured education programme, [ I worked through it twice] all made it possible for me to heal without actually meeting a therapist.
    I intend to keep up to date with information and an currently reading a new book by Steve Ozanich. I do wish I could communicate the success of the process better, many of my friends are suffering but unresponsive to TMS or Mind Body theories. I would like to donate to the web site . Can someone tell me how to do this?

Dida8349 and Hayley like this.
  2. jimmylaw9

jimmylaw9 Peer Supporter

Hi could you describe your back pain I. Detail and how long as it would help me to know

3. Helenlouise

Helenlouise New Member

It began in my twenties[ I am now in my sixties] with periods when my back would go into spasm totally incapacitating me.[ I actually collapsed on a Zebra crossing once.] Later in my thirties I had an MRI and was told I had degeneration of lower back. I coped with pain killers and taking muscle relaxants during attacks, bought up two kids and worked full time, often hobbling around work. Visited all sorts of healing practitioners. About ten years ago I developed foot pain and was told I had severe bone degeneration in foot so I had surgery and have 7 bits of metal in right foot. Then I developed severe bursitis of hip and shooting pains down my legs when sitting for too long especially in the car. As I began the healing programme and all the reading, the pain started to jump around even more and I encountered tooth ache and swelling of one knee but I knew I had the tms by the name and just carried on with my activities as all the teachers suggest.
    The internal journey to sort this all out has been quite long and I don't think I am completely there yet . I was surprised by the things I had repressed. A minor illustration is that the leg pain when driving went when I realized I had not wanted to move away from London and that I was angry with my husband about it. This is really weird as I love the place we now live in and don't want to move back to London now. I only offer this as an example there were other deeper and darker aspects of myself that I encountered.
    I will continually refresh my learning during the rest of my life. Currently I am reading Back Pain Permanent Healing by Ozanich. This year I hope to complete an 8 day trek in Peru .
    Wishing you well Jimmy, and hoping that this was helpful.

jimmylaw9 likes this.