1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Boston TMS Support Group

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by veronica73, Jun 21, 2012.

Tags:
  1. didi sharp

didi sharp New Member

2. didi sharp

didi sharp New Member

Livvygirl...I'm here in Seattle. My email is diane.graves.dg@gmail.com. contact me. I would love to have a support group here

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I AM IN

4. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

hi - I notice the orginal post about the meeting was from 3 years ago. How did it go?

Do you guys still meet up i the boston area? If so when is the next meeting?

I live in California but I visit Boston to see my pappa :)

5. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

It was a great group and I really enjoyed it, making two great friends. We, unfortunately, became victims of our own success - Veronica had healed and eventually wasn't willing to run the group. I ran it for maybe 5 more sessions, but for financial reasons I found that I needed to spend the limited time I have on the most high-impact projects like the forum and the work I do organizing TMS practitioners. If anyone else is thinking of organizing one, I definitely enjoyed the part I played. I've also set up a mailing list for people who are organizing TMS communities. There hasn't been much traffic, but I bet if someone asked a question, people would respond.

6. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Please move to Melbourne!

Forest likes this.
  7. Helenback

Helenback New Member

I'm in! I've seen so much improvement that my psychotherapist and I are talking about starting one in Portland, Me.
    He has the medical background and I have had the hands on experience of healing...(90% healed)..any input would be most helpful! Forest,,, any suggestions.. I'll be happy to helped out w. a Boston based group!

Forest likes this.
  8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

An in-person TMS support group sounds great. Every town and city ought to have one. The meetings can be held at someone's home, rotating the visits, or at a coffee shop or even the local library.

A good way to start one is to contact your local newspaper feature or lifestyle editor and tell them you want to contact others to start one.
    It can spread the word about Dr. Sarno, TMS, and the TMSWiki, and help local people who are in pain. Doctors may hate you,
    for taking business away from them, but who cares?

lexylucy likes this.
  9. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Totally agree, Walt.

10. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That's terrific, @Helenback! If you would like to start one in Portland, I'd be happy to help you with starting up an online presence. If you ever want to, you are also always 100% welcome to call or email with any questions you come up with. I can't do any additional organizing right now, but I'm always happy to share my perspective on TMS organizing over the phone or Skype.

11. Helenback

Helenback New Member

Thanks Forest!
    I just might take you up on that... Once we move to the planning stage!
    Love this TMS support group!
    Hellenback