1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Schechter's Blog Blog 2: Letter from John Sarno

Discussion in 'Mindbody Blogs (was Practitioner's Corner)' started by Think Away Your Pain Blog, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Think Away Your Pain Blog

Think Away Your Pain Blog Automated blog by David Schechter, MD

Originally posted: November 16, 2014

I was honored to receive a letter, hand written from Dr. Sarno yesterday. Dr. Sarno was my mentor as a medical student and I'm proud to call John Sarno a colleague today. His work on TMS is seminal to our understanding of mind-body disorders and pain.

His letter indicated that he was happy to have received a copy of the book in the mail. He offered congratulations to me on the publications of Think Away Your Pain. He wished me well for a successful publication...and happy holidays.

I get very few handwritten letters these days and it's wonderful to receive one from a respected colleague and mentor.

There is a chapter in my book about Dr. Sarno's contributions and a section explaining how Freud's insights on the brain and psychology can be understood in a more contemporary way based upon neuroscience.

North Star, Enrique, mike2014 and 2 others like this.
  2. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, it is intriguing how modern discoveries in neuroscience are confirming some of Freud's categories such as id, ego and superego as well as emotional repression and transference. Freud was indeed a very astute observer.

North Star likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

North Star, Ellen and BruceMC like this.
  4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful letter. I'll read the Discover Magazine article.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2014
    North Star likes this.