1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 2 Blips

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jokeysmurf, Apr 15, 2019.

1. jokeysmurf

jokeysmurf Well known member

Day 2 the hiatal squeezing I felt was bugging me. I decided to treat it like TMS. It was a challenge to shift my focus but eventually I did and met some friends for dinner. No pain, had a great conversation. Ordered a beer and a tiny blip of pain but thought to myself this is just TMS and it went away. I was pain free for several hours until I got home. It started back up again. It didn’t matter then because I knew it was TMS.

So what has started to happen is I started searching TMS wiki for success stories. Revisiting outcome Independence. I realized that is just another way of saying you’re practicing acceptance without an agenda. I read a post about shoulder pain and the individual didn’t even engage with the notion he just kept on with his activity with or without pain. Obviously without pain is better but this is the practice. Don’t think about the pain, maybe one should expect it will be there but continue anyway and know you’re OK. I was OK and better than OK. Was it the beer? No I was in good company and I didn’t even worry or think about my pain.

I already suspected that anything that comes up is TMS but it helps to gather evidence. It seems our brains continue to need convincing and encouragement