1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 Bit of a slump

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jdev11, May 7, 2018.

1. Jdev11

Jdev11 New Member

I decided to post on this day as the letter and questions to ponder resonated with a lot of my current issues.

I definitely believe in TMS and I know I healed in the past from getting that "ah hah!" moment, but some reason I can't get that strong feeling again. I feel like I improved so much and lately I've been slumping back. My symptoms aren't consistent with most people who have TMS. I'm getting a lot of nerve, tingling, pins/needle, through my feet, hands, and body. I also started to get lower back stiffness and knee pain. The pain was on and off, but has started to become more consistent.

Things have been stressful with work. I hate my job...big time, but now I'm kind of stuck as my girlfriend and I are getting a place together. She's been so patient with me, so I really feel like I owe her to move into our own house. It's just tough when I dont want to keep working here and I'm scared of getting another job because my mind has been so focused on my current TMS symptoms.

I wrote my letter to my company and told them how I disliked working there and felt unhappy, unfulfilled, and empty. Unfortunately, I dont know anything else I would really want to do right now. I've been having a hard time finding something that makes me happy even as a hobby.

Eh, just not my time right now

2. KevinB

KevinB Well known member

Hey,

Thanks for posting. The symptoms you listed above are very common for TMS, nerve, numbness, knee, yes, all very very common and mentioned throughout Dr. Sarno’s work. So hopefully that can help calm you a bit. It may be helpful to go back to some of the literature and look for those to get some confidence. I know Healing Back Pain talks about those symptoms a lot.

Good luck and stay the course.