1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Best affirmations to overcome fear

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by filipe, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds like you're hung up on this "meditation" thing, that you can't do it. Dr. Sarno did say to think psychologically when you feel the pain--but I can't recall anywhere in his books that he said to enter an ashram, and sit in lotus eight hours a day. If someone could enlighten me as to where in the Good Doctor's four books he stipulates that formal, Eastern style meditation is a requirement to be "cured" of TMS. Maybe he did, please show me the quote. I think it's a new-age thing, along with yoga, and pilates. I do recall in yoga class, the teacher telling us about how the head of the Berkeley Zen center was unable to sit in Lotus anymore and lead meditation because she had back-pain! This meditation thing around here is way over-blown and I don't think it is a core principal of TMS deconditioning. If anything, the Good Doctor counseled to Just Do It!, and not to sit around ruminating about your woes.

2. filipe

filipe Peer Supporter

I finally understand what is wrong with me, and made me fall into this relapse :( - Absence of exciting and stimulating things to do in my life. I feel my life has stalled somehow (not in my work though). And time is running out. I'm getting old :( snif, snif....

I'm a kind of a musician in my spare time. I use to be so happy doing music for myself, it fulfilled me, but than, I start doing music to others. To show to others, to achieve success, recognition, etc...

I mean, I recorded some music albuns in the past, and try selling them, as MP3 downloads, but nobody buys them so why making them? I just wich my life wasn't so dependant on others... But It is not. I need people's feedback, about my music, etc... I beacome a people pleaser...

Internet brought us (artists) a lot of opportunities, but right now I feel a drop in the ocen, like never before.... My friends used to go to my concerts, they used to listen to my music, but they don't anymore, they don't have time... Who sold me this idea that a person to be happy have to use is time to achieve success, to win, to be better than others?!??!!... On the other hand, I'm so tiered of needing others, and their attention, to be happy, and I'm getting old :(... I see loads of people these days with their head stucked on their cell phones, is so sad....

I petty those who depend on likes on their facebook pages to be happy, but I depend on feedback of others about my music the same way... why?

Thankfully the pain has completely gone, since I release my repressed emotions :) I'm now 100% again... Thanks Dr. SArno...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  3. AC45

AC45 Well known member

I really enjoyed reading this Balto! Great perspective!

4. AC45

AC45 Well known member