1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Back Pain, Hip Pain, Sciatica...TMS

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by HealedPaul, Feb 3, 2020.

1. HealedPaul

HealedPaul Newcomer

I have had back pain and cramps through much of my life for the last 20+ years, in many cases accompanied with nerve pain which would typically be diagnosed as Sciatica.

After my most severe and prolonged episode in 2019, which lasted about 6 months (never longer than 2-3 weeks in past), during which my pain never went below a 3/10, I finally went to pursue more information in the mindbody area as nothing was making sense. Within a couple of weeks I came across TMS information, grabbed the great Dr. Sarno's book, started journaling and went from a 8/10 pain level to 3/10 within a few days. It has been slow and steady since then, and quite the inner journey.

After the hundreds of hours of research in all areas of medical texts to Dr. Google-ing, and finally finding TMS information that hit the nail on the head, my summary of what to do in order to get on the healing path is:

a) read Dr. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain"
    b) read Steve Ozanich's "The Great Pain Deception"
    c) journal
    d) re-read

2. grapefruit

grapefruit Peer Supporter

Congrats on your healing! It's amazing to hear of people healing after decades of issues.

3. HealedPaul

HealedPaul Newcomer

Thanks grapefruit, it's truly an amazing thing!

4. glennherriott

glennherriott New Member