1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM ET. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. BruceMC will host. Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. To receive notices when new "Overcoming TMS" days are posted, just sign up at this link. To view the days that have already been posted, click here.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Back at it ...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tom Bultman, May 2, 2013.

1. Tom Bultman

Tom Bultman New Member

Happy to say I came across this Wiki. Lot's of great information. I started having lower back pain 16 years ago. After a bunch of medical treatments I was beginning to get depressed. Then my daughter (a young girl at the time) mentioned that she saw the 20/20 piece and relayed that to me. I research it a bit and bought one of Sarno's books. I read it and felt I fit the TMS diagnosis very closely. I didn't get immediate relief from the pain, but it became more manageable. I am an avid bicyclist and one of my worse fears is that the back will some day prevent me from riding. Years later I bought the Sarno video and thought that helped things sink in better.

Last fall I began to have more intense back pain. About every day. It would move around, but often be on both sides of my spine. No acute pain, just moderate/high chronic pain. Then my shoulder started acting up. This past winter was the pits. Concurrent with the pain I noticed that my back would crack much more than it used to and I became worried that the spine was just becoming structurally unstable. I had accepted TMS as the proper self-diagnosis, but the persistent pain made me have second thoughts. Re-reading Sarno's book did not seem to help. A few weeks ago I decided that I needed to be diagnosed by someone who knew TMS. So next week I go to Chicago for a diagnosis. I am hoping that will help me to once again accept TMS and get me back on the road to re-recovery. Just days ago I bumped into the Wiki and see that it may well be all I need. I hope so.

2. Stella

Stella Well known member

Welcome Tom,
    You have come to the right place.