1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Avoiding Foot Surgery Interview with Andy Bayliss

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Andy Bayliss, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Everyone,

I am posting here a conversation that Eddy Lindenstein and I had, re foot pain, plantar fasciitis, tarsal tunnel, peripheral neuropathy, superego, and the invitation our psyche gives us to feel deeply and heal.

Eddy's Mind and Fitness Podcast has many other interviews, and he has a great way of bringing in examples around his own learning.

Each person on this path picks up individual pieces which support their inner work. I hope something we said will be helpful for you.

https://audioboom.com/posts/7229062-065-andy-bayliss (Audioboom / 065 - Andy Bayliss)

Eddy's Mind and Fitness Podcast longer lists

https://mytuner-radio.com/podcasts/the-mind-and-fitness-podcast-eddy-lindenstein-1291091376 (Listen to The Mind and Fitness Podcast podcast on myTuner Radio)

Andy B

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Great podcast Andy good to put a voice to the name

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

4. JanAtheCPA

I did listen to a much shorter podcast while I grabbed some lunch, entitled "F*** Positivity (sort of)" which caught my eye, because this is a topic I find very interesting. And indeed, Eddy has the same message about positivity that I believe, which is that positivity, far too often, is used to help repress true emotions. I sometimes refer to this as putting on a fake happy face, which is counterproductive to recovery. In the old days, we would have called it "being a Pollyanna" but that's only for the older generation now :p

Eddy has a great podcast persona, his voice is very easy to listen to, and he gets his point across. I can't wait to listen to some of the longer ones. And he's a local boy :cool:

Ellen and Trellis like this.
  5. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

I am currently listening to that episode and wondered if that was you AndyB. It’s great to hear your voice after reading so many of your wonderful posts. I really enjoy Eddy’s podcasts. I am currently doing my first week of Wim Hoff’s Breathing method and ending regular showers with a cold one after listening to the Eddy and Katlin interview. Invigorating.

6. JanAtheCPA

I highly recommend Eddy's podcast with Andy (the link is in the original post above). 78 minutes seems long, but I just paused it when I needed to be doing other things, and it was easy to come back to. There are a LOT of great gems of information, and reminders that both Eddy and Andy offer. The topic of avoiding foot surgery is just an introduction (and a good one for those of you seriously contemplating surgery for what is probably TMS).

I particularly appreciated a later conversation and reminder about the inner critic, and there was something that Andy brought up about fathers, that really hit me hard - which is that I don't think I've ever forgiven myself for not being closer to my father when I was in my twenties. My father died, much too early, when I was 30. I did some personal work not too many years later, and become more emotionally open and available, so I've always regretted that, but today's realization is that I really experienced a double loss when he died, only one of which I was actually aware of all these years - and that I've been blaming myself for that other loss all these years. I'll be journaling about this.

LindenSwole and EileenS like this.
  7. LindenSwole

LindenSwole Peer Supporter

This is something I've really been thinking about lately. My Dad and I were really close when I was a little kid and then when I became a teenager I drifted away from him a bit. I really don't have any explanation or logic behind why because he is so caring and compassionate and just a really good guy in general. I haven't been able to recovery that sense or feeling of closeness that he certainly deserves. He gives my daughters so much love and they just adore him so it's even more of a bummer that I can't seem to find the same feeling, or at least express it. A couple of years ago in a Father's Day card I did but I just can't seem to verbalize it.

He actually told me on Easter that next year he really wants to go do some kind of activity together. I brought up motorcycling - my buddies and I are always doing brewery tours on our bikes in the spring and summer and my Dad was a brewer back in the day.

My addition - it brought it up. Thanks, Jan!!!

Also, you mentioned I'm local to you - where are you??

8. JanAtheCPA

That would be NE Seattle, Eddy :cool:

9. LindenSwole

LindenSwole Peer Supporter

WHEN CAN WE DO A PODCAST???

HattieNC likes this.
  10. JanAtheCPA

I'll PM you.

11. JanAtheCPA

I'm not good at regularly listening to podcasts, but as you know if you've read this whole thread (and I recommend that you do) I became an instant fan of Eddy Lindenstein's The Mind and Fitness Podcast when Andy first started this thread after he did an interview with Eddy in April. Today I dipped back in and picked out a title that intrigued me, and I am once again blown away at what Eddy is doing and the TMS/mindbody topics he's managing to address in depth. Every week, people!

First I listened to #069 "Lizard Brain" and that's a really good one (and easy to take in at only 17 minutes) but the one that blew my mind is #70, his hour+ interview with Dan Buglio - and folks, you have to listen to this. Just as Eddy and Andy did in the podcast that initiated this thread, Eddy and Dan manage to cover SO many important issues, and I'll have to listen again to remember them all, but here are some: many examples of the emotional component of symptoms, how to properly "rule out the physical", how to realistically assess imaging (MRIs, etc) and surgery advice, how to journal effectively, raising emotionally aware children, and really great descriptions of (and I am totally using my own words to try to get this across) how our brains sabotage us, fool us, keep us stuck, and distract us with symptoms which are supposedly less dangerous than our true emotions. I didn't hear a single thing today that I didn't agree with or resonate with.

I get The Mind and Fitness Podcast using Google Podcasts on my phone, or Google Play on my PC.
    On Audioboom it's at https://audioboom.com/posts/7259560-070-dan-buglio (Audioboom / 070 - Dan Buglio)
    And as Eddy says: "get it on iTunes(Apple Podcasts), Spotify, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, or wherever"

Do yourself a favor and listen NOW.

HattieNC likes this.