1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Attending to the anxiety

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mark1122, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Mark1122

Mark1122 Well known member

When i attend to the anxiety. It starts with a full stomach feeling i attend to it focus on it without thinking anything about it, its so scary it started to go to my chest where i have had a lot of panic attacks thinking id die from a heart attack. The stomach feeling was almost gone and the chest got worse and worse and i kept focusing on it and i started to get a weird scary feeling i cant describe it sort of adrenaline feeling in my body, heart , stomach a feeling that u have when ur in an early crush, the butterflies kindof feeling. But i didnt like it at all i had to like shake it off. I dont really know what this is just wondered if someone recognizes this and what it means or what to do with it.

And should you do the same with the pain, like my arm, neck and trapezius pain. It feels like i got 2 problems: 1. physical pains in mainly right trapezius, neck, arm and hand feels like rsi it get worse when on mobile and pc, and started getting it left but less. 2. Anxiety, it started with anxiety 7 years ago. The 2 make eachother worse, when im anxious i got a lot more pain, cause body is tensed and when i have a lot of pain because im behind pc a lot i get bad anxiety. I still find it hard to believe the trapezius pain is TMS, cause the correlation of pc/mobile and pain getting worse is perfect, i never get it randomly. And it gets less when i stop pc and mobile for days. But it never completely goes away.

I did it in this day of the training:

https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/day-11-pain-reprocessing.16616/ (New Program - Day 11: Pain Reprocessing)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  2. mademesmile

mademesmile Newcomer

I’ve struggled with neck/ back pain from sitting, computer use and driving and it doesn’t seem random... more like cause and effect. My brain goes right back to not believing TMS and says “see! It must be structural!”

One way I bring it back to TMS is acknowledging that some postures are less than ideal but we are opening gateways or easy pathways for TMS. It seeks out small amounts of structural pain and amplified them 1000x.