1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ashok Gupta advice

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Grateful17, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Abbo

Abbo Well known member

Thank you all for your input re Ashok.
    Yes Wavy Soul he is a genuinely lovely man just listening to his voice soothes me and makes me determined to keep at his programme. I do know that as JanAthaCPA says is correct but I am the sort of person who needs a structured programme to follow.
    I find my thoughts and accepting my pain are my biggest hurdles. I have like many on this forum suffered stinging burning sensations from my waist down for the past two and half years and just like many, many others yourselves included I have spent a fortune on different therapies. However, I think when we are in pain we will try anything if there is the slightest chance of healing.
    As I said I just hate these sensations and now I find that after saying for the past two and half years 'I can't sit down' my brain is now making it more and more difficult for me to sit down! In Ashok's programme he has a technique called 'soften and flow' where you tune in and meditate your sensations/emotions, take long deep breaths and then on out breath say soften and flow thus encouraging the trapped energy that are causing the symptoms to flow through the body. It is designed for you to accept the symptoms and not to recoil from them. I find myself doing this several times a day!!
    obviously if you are doing all this already then it is not worth spending yet more money on his programme. However, like Wavy Soul I do love his description of the amygdala and its role in creating this 'adrenaline cycle' which keeps feeding the pain.
    Best wishes to you all.

JanAtheCPA and plum like this.