1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone with skin problems from tms?

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by nancy, Sep 25, 2013.

1. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi, I have has skin problems for the past two yrs. The issues are on my forearms.
    They keep breaking out with patches of reddened areas, like blood under the skin.
    I have seen my GP and a Dermatologist, no answers. They have no idea what it could
    be. They both took samples and sent them to pathology, nothing?? Let me know if you
    have any problems with this if you will, thanks Nancy

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Maybe do some thinking/journalling around the topic of 'things that get under my skin'? The body is very good at mimicking how we are feeling emotionally. I get back pain before I visit my mother - because I feel her being burdensome at the moment. I get a whoosh of fatigue when i'm feeling overwhelmed by events. Using TMS tools I can overcome these things now - by looking for the emotional 'trigger', by self-talking and journaling stuff. Give it a try.

3. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

There's a book about this by Louise Hay called Healing Your Life - an interesting read!

4. nancy

nancy Well known member

Thank you so much, will journal about this particular skin problem. I will also go and buy the book
    you suggested. Hope you are doing well, Nancy

5. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Nancy,
    Skin problems are definitely part of TMS. If yours is I can't tell for sure, but I get irritated spots on my arms or legs when I am stressed.

6. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

Hi Nancy, I've had TMS skin issues. I've had itchy rashes around my hands, my neck, legs and abdomen. This is one of the symptoms that has gone away for me! I wouldn't have believed it before, but it's definitely related!

7. nancy

nancy Well known member

8. nancy

nancy Well known member

Hi, I get tis blood redness on my forearms, it comes and goes every few mths. Never had anything like this before. I hope
    you are doing well, let me know. L/ Nancy

9. lexylucy

lexylucy Well known member

have any luck working with your skin issues?

10. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Here's a book on psychosomatic skin issues, 'SKIN DEEP' by Grossbart & Sherman, I think one of the authors might have written a chapter in one of Dr. Sarno's books.

http://grossbart.com/SkinDeep.pdf

MWsunin12 likes this.