1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone cured autoimmune disease, particularly endometriosis?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by MINDOVERMATTER, Oct 11, 2017.

1. MINDOVERMATTER

MINDOVERMATTER Newcomer

Hi guys and gals, my friend has endometriosis, an autoimmune disease.
    She has a history of depression and a difficult upbringing, leading me to believe that perhaps her disease is a TMS manifestation.
    I realize that these factors don't necessarily lead to TMS, I also realize that one can have a good upbringing, no depression and yet experience TMS anyway.
    I just feel that these factors may predispose her to TMS.

I personally have experienced relief from TMS in regards to my RSI symptoms, so I have some faith in Sarno's work.

Am just curious if anyone has:
    • As a therapist: successfully cured/treated any autoimmune disease,
    • As a patient: experienced an improvement or cessation of autoimmune symptoms as a result of TMS treatment,
    • Heard of (or even better) known anyone who has experienced an improvement or cessation of autoimmune symptoms as a result of TMS treatment.

Thanks all, all the best in health and life.

2. Ftaghn!

Ftaghn! Peer Supporter

Okay so, bit of a disappointing answer, but autoimmune disorders have no easy ones: I don't think so. The thing is, autoimmune disorders are their own processes which, once triggered, have a life of their own.

That said, in my experience, when asked what triggers spikes in their conditions, the answer is almost invariably periods of acute stress. So nuance has to be added in.

3. JoeHealingTms

JoeHealingTms Peer Supporter

endometriosis might have more than one cause and not necessarily an autoimmune disease. It could be an hormonal imbalance and some other causes. All the possible causes should be discussed before self diagnosing it as TMS. Certainly for her to be without stress and relaxing would help any physical condition, but what you are talking about have some conservative treatments, including taking birth control pills before going the TMS route.

4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

There is a book called the Last Best Cure by Donna Jackson Nakagawa that describes her journey using mindbody techniques for an autoimmune disorder. Also, there is a woman in Australia (forgetting her name) who made a movie about overcoming her autoimmune disease with mindbody techniques. She has a new book out.

https://theconnection.tv/ (The Connection: Mind Your Body)

Hope these resources are helpful.

Balsa11 likes this.
  5. NicoleB34

NicoleB34 Well known member

I dont think endo is autoimmune. Autoimmune disease is when the immune system attacks the body, and it can definitely be be brought on by stress, though, not always.

Endo i believe has both hormonal and genetic components. However, i think that it's one of those conditions that much like herniated disks, causes pain in some people, and not in others. So i think mind-body approaches to relieve pain (deep breathing, light exercises, etc) can be helpful.

Balsa11 likes this.
  6. Ewok2

Ewok2 Peer Supporter

Steve Ozanich on endometriosis