1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Any luck with tinnitus

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Dockerpt, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Dockerpt

Dockerpt Newcomer

Good day!!

have you heard of any success with tinnitus? I started a vintage motorcycle and it turned out to be very very loud… I have ear ache abd slight ringing…. I’m terrified it won’t leave. It’s been a week…. I have cured back pain with TMS theory in the past….

2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

There are many success stories for tinnitus. There's a lady of YT, Joey Remenyi who specializes in tinnitus and vertigo using the mind body approach. She is worth checking out imo!

Cog and corri d like this.
  3. Dockerpt

Dockerpt Newcomer

Great how can I contact her?

thank you

pete

4. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

She has a FB group called Rock Steady and a book on Amazon. She is in Australia but I'm sure you could contact her on FB.

Dockerpt likes this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

My best advice is to try to ignore it. You might say "so what?" to yourself if you notice it. Looking around on the internet ---with scary stories and support groups' views is probably not helpful. The more I attend to it, the more important it seems. The less I notice it, the more it recedes. This is a basic TMS technique.

Welcome Dockerpt, and good wishes in this work.

corri d likes this.
  6. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Ignoring it worked for me too

corri d likes this.
  7. Dockerpt

Dockerpt Newcomer

Thank you! Have you both overcome it?

8. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Mine has been very light, and not really a problem. I just notice it every couple of weeks, and say to myself "oh, its been quite awhile since I noticed," so I wouldn't say my situation was a great "cure." But I think what helped when I started having symptoms about 8 months ago was to not be afraid, and know that it was TMS. (from past experiences with other stuff which might come and then go)

corri d likes this.
  9. Dockerpt

Dockerpt Newcomer

Thanks for this. I was like that for a long time then this very loud engine has seemed to really focus me in….. this last week it has consumed me

10. NameK

NameK Well known member

Ive had tinnitus or atleast noticed mine in early nov 2018 after a loud outdoor dj for a halloween event (5 days after)

It was quite mild then and easy to ignore intially i wish woukd have gave my ears some rest after that event (maybe it could have prevented it) as after it i was very worried i had damaged my hearing learned what tinnitus was.

Went into a quiet room and heard it and then i made the mistake of visting those health fourms for it.

They are places of despair, negativity and i wouldnt recommend it made my tinnitus worse (because alot of people say you cant use headphones, cant go to concerts etc (gaming is one of my hobbies).

Mine has gotten worse over the past 2 and half years(could it be from more anxiety, stress, exsessive use of my gaming headset still, lack of sleep, focousing on it more?)

(louder, more then just one tone) and for me its not easy to ignore and its probably my most annoying symptom along with trouble swallowing food.

This isnt meant to scare you most people have mild tinnitus and can ignore it quite easily. I had a hearing trst last yeat and no detected loss on a basic audiogram.

Im also now worried about getting my 2nd shot soon as the 1st one may have spiked my tinnitus and im afraid of the 2nd one making it worse.

I also wonder if i had actually stopped using headphones if it would have gotten better (there are instances of people recovering from noise induced t after 2-3 years and they complelty avoided headphone useage and loud noises

But tms espeically when it comes to tinnitus is very tricky my issue is beleiivng that noise induced vs stressed induced is tms and not a pshyical cause.

11. Erik1971

Erik1971 New Member

Julian Cowan Hill is also a great resource for tinnitus suffers. Lot’s of succes stories using a combination of mindbody techniques! He has a lot of good videos on youtube!

corri d likes this.
  12. I had it for a long time. all sorts of noises in my head, first one side, then finally the other one. Hearing my heartbeat, beating like a drum, etc. etc. It drove me crazy.
    Then I realized ( I am a physician who worked with Sarno and who strongly believes like he did that you need to have a physician rule out organic causes before assuming the symptoms are pure TMS) that the symptoms had no organic source. I basically ignored them and they all went away.
    Once in a blue moon there will be a slight return. I ignore it and it goes away.
    Once you identify real TMS in your life and use the Sarno approach or some variant that works for you, you will do well to assume that other types of symptoms, subject to a medical exam to rule out organic origin, are TMS and act accordingly.
    You just have to be firm and refuse to take the symptoms seriously. Don't let them intimidate you.
    Stay the course and you will be free.
    BTW, one thing that I have learned, which Dr Sarno rejected when I spoke with him, is that it is possible for patients to have TMS and physical causes for symptoms simultaneously. Maybe 20-30% of patients who come to me for TMS fall into this category when I examine them.
    I treat them for the organic issues and if anything remains then we use TMS and they get well.
    Sarno carefully screened all prospective patients by phone before he accepted them to his practice.
    By the time they walked into the office he knew exactly how they would respond. Hence his phenomenal results.

NameK and miffybunny like this.
  13. Cog

Cog Peer Supporter

I'm going thru tinnitus retraining right now. My main support comes from Dr Ben Thompson AUD. He's based in California, has a youtube presence. Look him up.