1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Antidepressants

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Boston Redsox, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Does anybody feel this is counter productive ...it’s been awhile on this journey and my depression keeps rising even though I am out in the world have a relationships .

Doing things and so on ...yes I have good days and many bad days ..I am in the construction business and the pain in my feet and legs can be tough . Any opinions out there would be appreciated

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Why not find something that will do the same job...? Get out into nature, go for a walk, or cycle or visit a garden. Spending time with plants and animals as opposed to people can often be really soothing. Other things are music - treat yourself to a concert or gig that will lift your spirits. Or get some guided meditations and set aside time each day - it can be like having a mini holiday...! Only you can work out what will be best for you.... But doing something positive that pleases and betters you - especially if it is calming and pleasant is far more productive than relying on some pharmacists idea of a mood changer.... I have had similar experiences and have been given many different antidepressants/painkillers/mood enhancers etc over the years. The things i did for myself worked much better....they all went in the bin! good luck