1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Ankle troubles- someone plz reply need reassurance for tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mkftw98, Jun 7, 2017.

1. mkftw98

mkftw98 Newcomer

Hey I have posted once before, I had severe foot pain and others that i have beaten with tms practice. However last week on friday I slightly rolled my ankle while walking. I could walk on it after but it really hurt. My mind began panicking terribly and it quickly got worse. There was no swelling, brusing, inflmation etc just pain. It has been 5 days of resting however despite no longer limping i am constantly aware of my ankle. It is a constant dull ache and with certain movements sharp. The pain is prominent when I am doing nothing i.e. laying down. Surely this is TMS a real pain would have healed in 5 days of rest considering how minor it was right and surely it would stop when I rested and wouldn't be there when for example reading

2. mkftw98

mkftw98 Newcomer

i want to go to the SU at my uni and go out as its my last su event of the year and my brother is at uni and he will never be able to go again but am too scared to dance on my ankle or even walk around alot

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi mkftw98,
    You may have injured your ankle. Meantime, I think you don't know. It may be TMS. I suggest you enjoy the dance as best you can, and be patient with the body's healing. It should get gradually better over time, as you know.
    Andy B

4. mkftw98

mkftw98 Newcomer

Thanks that is what i have done thanks. Do u agree that pain which is real would not be constant at rest when i have had 5 days of doing nothing surely the pain at rest is tms maybe when i stretch my ankle it is real

5. Riffdex

Riffdex Peer Supporter

I know you're anxious to feel better, but I believe you need a practice a bit more patience. It could very well be TMS, or it could be a bit inflammed from rolling your ankle. It's only been 5 days. If it is still bothering you 2 weeks after "injury", then you can feel much more confident concluding that the pain is based in TMS.

6. mkftw98

mkftw98 Newcomer

Hey yes but does patience mean not doing anythig and completely resting my ankle or does the body heal even when using the injured area

7. mkftw98

mkftw98 Newcomer

I know you're anxious to feel better, but I believe you need a practice a bit more patience. It could very well be TMS, or it could be a bit inflammed from rolling your ankle. It's only been 5 days. If it is still bothering you 2 weeks after "injury", then you can feel much more confident concluding that the pain is based in TMS.

8. Riffdex

Riffdex Peer Supporter

Imo, RICE (Rest, ice, compression, elevation). You either are still recovering from true inflammation (in which case these will help) or it is TMS (in which case these are unnecessary but will not hurt). These actions can even have a temporary placebo effect on TMS. I would assume it is swelling/inflammation from rolling your ankle at this point. But once it has overstayed it's welcome (2 weeks after "injury"), assume it is TMS.