1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

An excellent interview with SteveO

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by mike2014, Mar 29, 2016.

1. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi All,

I've just watched this really great interview with SteveO which encompasses some of the points within his new book.

Enjoy folks,

Be blessed,

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    DoRaeMe, Shells, ChanaG and 3 others like this.
  2. giantsfan

giantsfan Well known member

That's a damn good video. I love that Steve O emphasizes the need to gain that deep down true belief in TMS and that sometimes it takes time to learn that. Thanks for sharing, Mike.

mike2014 likes this.
  3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for sharing this, Mike. I liked how they emphasized that you can't let working through the pain become the center of your life because then you are focusing on your body again. It's a tough balance, but an important one.

I also like that he's continuing to bring up the terminology "The Mindbody Syndrome." I like that Dr. Sarno adopted it. I think people will find it much more understandable than "Tension Myositis Syndrome" as an expansion of TMS. I think we lose an awful lot of people who visit the site and don't know what the latin words at the top are supposed to mean.

mike2014, Grateful17 and giantsfan like this.
  4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

I agree that MBS is more approachable and more easily understood. Just curious, Forest, did you ever consider "MBS wiki?"
    Interesting vid. Thanks for sharing.

mike2014 likes this.
  5. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

Steve O is the man. I can't wait for his next book. IMO, "The Great Pain Deception" is the best MBS book authored by someone not named Dr. John Sarno!

mike2014 and Grateful17 like this.
  6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, something like that is definitely actually in the works. Dr. Sarno's idea is actually to use The Mindbody Syndrome as an expansion of TMS. People will get it much more quickly and our Search Engine Optimization will improve.

Projects like this can take forever, so now that this has gotten me excited about it, I'm just going to turn thought into action. :)

Grateful17 and Gigi like this.
  7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

I never understand when Steve says you are not ready to heal, when people are having a hard timing healing once they excepted and fully believe in TMS

8. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

He's not meaning your "conscious" self but instead your "unconscious" self. Hard concept to grasp in the mist of TMS recovery but something I hold to... Energy to keep fighting TMS!

9. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Ya still a tough concept to swallow

10. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Agreed. I remember reading that for the first time and getting totally pissed off at SteveO. How dare he say that!!! I later accepted that this was my ego talking. Like jrid32 said, I didn't consciously want to retain my symptoms but some part of me wanted to hang on for dear life. I tried to think of reasons why that would be. It was hard, painful even, to be that honest. One of the reasons had to do with feelings of unworthiness and of my needs not being met. Think of that inner child kicking up a major tantrum when it doesn't get what he/she wants. What do you want? What is realistically achievable and what is completely outside of your control?

ChanaG and jrid32 like this.