1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

A spin on yoga

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Donnie, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Donnie

Donnie New Member

I hope the link works, I'm doing it though my phone. If it doesn't google DDP Yoga, Real Sports HBO
    It's not the whole segment but its pretty interesting

I watched the entire video on HBO yesterday morning. Real sports did a segment on a former wrestler who now does his own form of yoga to improve people's lives. The entire segment showed how the creator DDP (his stage name) used his yoga to save the lives of his mentor and another wrestler who was struggling with pain and drug abuse (usually done to stop pain).

I grew up watching wrestling and I've always found what these guys did to be amazing because of what they put there bodies through. Now seeing what they end up being 15 years down the road it makes you realize that they are human and have demons like the rest of us. They suffer injuries very often and if they are not mentally open it haunts them.

This form of yoga is very intense so it forces you into physical activity. Plus it relaxes your mind. Crazy that a former wrestler came up with the concept

Now imagine if they incorporated some TMS training into the yoga. I know Dr Sarno doesn't believe in physical therapy for tms relief but this would be a great way to get people active and clearing their minds

2. NolaGal

NolaGal Peer Supporter

I learned about DDP yoga a year or so ago. My husband wants to get the DVDs but we just haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the reminder :) I think exercise is essential to overall healing but for this TMS program the key seems to be not to think of exercise as "therapy" to "fix" your pain. It's just good for overall well-being.

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I think Dr. Sarno agrees that physical activity for over-all good health is fine.
    But I won't try wrestling. In high school I took a course in wrestling. I was skinny then
    and for the final exam there was nobody my size so the coach paired me with the fattest guy in
    the class. I nearly suffocated under him, but passed. That convinced me I was not cut out
    to be a wrestler.

big man little man.jpg

Crabby, Eric "Herbie" Watson and yb44 like this.
  4. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for the information, Donnie. I wasn't familiar with this type of yoga. I think yoga is great because it is more than physical exercise. Some refer to it as a form of "body meditation". It's truly a mindbody form of exercise.

5. Donnie

Donnie New Member

I wish I was able to get the full segment because it talks about a few other wrestlers who were near death and pretty much given up on life because of pain. Once they were convinced to give the yoga a try they noticed the results immediately.

I can only imagine the pain someone in their field of work goes through and once your brain learns that pain it can return or remain until they face their real problems

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  6. Seven222

Seven222 New Member

➜ YOGA - Did you know the claim of physical benefits of Hatha Yoga are merely secondary benefits? The postures are offering oneself to the 330 million Hindu gods (unknowingly to you until the teacher feels you are ready for more knowledge). Yoga postures really are; they are offerings to the Hindu gods.

Ro.12:1 KJV Bible
    "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service."

The ultimate goal of yoga is moksha, the attainment of liberation from worldly suffering and the cycle of birth and rebirth and to bring the practitioner into union with Braham, the Hindu concept of god. ( Brahman: The holy or sacred power that is the source and sustainer of the universe.)

Yogis Masters send out evangelists (yoga teachers) to USA and other countries to evangelize under guise of teachers of yoga exercise to improve energy, relax, improve flexibility, when their real goal is to involve the students into Hindu philosophy.
    There true mission to bring the student into the Hindu practice that brings the student to "enlightenment," which is when you become aware that YOU are god.

They justify this "heavenly deception" because their bible (Vedas) permits deception of the ignorant (us). It reads "Don't go to the ignorant on the level of the enlightened but give them just a little knowledge and bring them up slowly."
    See Proof: http://www.hafsite.org/media/pr/yoga-hindu-origins

7. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hey there, does anyone know where you can purchase the DDP Yoga DVD? Thanks

8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Brother, I appreciate your concern. But are you in physical pain yourself?
    I'm Christian and I have healed using Dr. Sarnos theory which I believe is a Gift from God, Jesus Christ, Jehovah.
    I practice yoga for the health benefits buts it's not the cure. Your safe here brother, we all respect each other undertermined by a person's religion.
    Wisdom is key. Jesus said we are already healed.
    If we think like this so we become right.
    If you would like to chat privately just hit me up in the box above but don't let anything hold you from healing.
    Bless you

9. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

God Bless You Herbie. Every word you write holds such healing power. This is such a lovely response and gesture.

10. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

A couple of years ago I looked into this program but decided it was a bit too 'yang' for me but it is undoubtedly brilliant as evidenced by Arthur's transformation. I'm aware this has been posted on the forum before but it is so utterly inspiring that it bears multiple viewings. This link takes you to the Diamond Dallas Page youtube channel and there is a link to his site there.

11. LauraHartsell

LauraHartsell Newcomer

This is so nice to watch.

12. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Ok, surely if he can do this, I can get my knee back in shape!