1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 11 A breakthrough-I've reduced my meds

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shine4me, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Shine4me

Shine4me Peer Supporter

Yesterday was the first day for a long time that I was able to go without anti-inflammatories. Yay! I think the breakthrough came from the journaling I've been doing. I have found it to be very emotional but cathartic. For the first time I also really believe that it is TMS and the doubts I had are beginning to subside. I read in Dr Sarno's book 'Healing back pain' that because it's TMS that I do not have to take anti-inflammatories because there is no inflammation. That made me brave enough to give it a go and stop the Meds. I only missed one day, but will continue to take baby steps and hopefully will be medication free soon.

rekcat likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Congratulations on your progress and insights! You are well on your way to recovery.

Shine4me likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shine4me. It's fine to take baby steps and ease off medication for inflammation. Most medication gives only temporary relief but doesn't give long-term freedom from pain. Keep believing in TMS and Dr. Sarno. Keep busy with things and thoughts that make you happy. Being happy is a very big part of healing any pain.

Shine4me likes this.