1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

10 years of back pain- New Here and Qs

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by AllyC, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

That is incredible! I'm so happy for you. That is an experience to hold on to to remind yourself in tough times that this is TMS. In a matter of minutes you nearly freed yourself of all the pain.
    The more experiences like this that you have, the more you and your body will believe that you are healthy and movement won't hurt you, and that you are the author of your life and that pain doesn't rule you.

I read what you wrote about spasms. For me, the spasms were the most difficult symptom to deal with, since they are so incapacitating. And, as my pain went down, the number of spasms actually went up, just not as intensely (I'd have 20-40 tiny spasms a day). I decided that this was the symptom imperative - my mind was throwing at my the biggest challenge/distraction it could find. I was SO frustrated, but I kept doing the TMS work, kept moving more and more, finding new ways of relaxing, new ways of coping, and then after 5-6 weeks of this they just went away almost completely. It's incredible. And at no point in this did I think about posture or lifting mechanics. For me, and for so many of us here, thinking about posture is just another way of obsessing over our symptoms, and of thinking physically, not psychologically. I put all my eggs in the TMS basket, and it was worth it.
    I hope something here is useful to you.

AllyC, Sofa and starseed like this.
  2. AllyC

AllyC New Member

Agreed! Anything with THC in it makes me paranoid...so I’m guessing that’s my default LOL

3. AllyC

AllyC New Member

Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful! I’ve done so much research into TMS (type A perfectionism at work here) that I’ve probably just confused myself with too much information. Hearing people’s actual stories is so encouraging.

Thank you for the detail about your symptoms and how they changed as you healed. That’s the part that has been a little fuzzy in many recovery stories. Hearing about those that got better almost instantly isn’t very helpful for those of us who take more work!

Free of Fear likes this.
  4. Sofa

Sofa Well known member

Default... Nice observation there.

It cuts through the clutter and exposes reality unfiltered by the subconscious. Whether or not that's a good thing I don't really know. I remember the last time, I was thinking "Now THIS is what my brain REALLY knows".... And some of it was simply astounding.... and scary to be honest.

For many people their default might be deep relaxation, but I am like you I guess. My default is anxiety/introspection..

AllyC likes this.
  5. AllyC

AllyC New Member

It’s such an intresting substance. I didn’t have any experience with it at all until recently (in my 30s!!). I wonder what it would have been like in my early 20s, before kids, life, stress, and pain set in LOL

Sofa likes this.
  6. Sofa

Sofa Well known member

It really is amazing, IMO. Here is my view to your good observation. If you're in a good state, mentally - it will enhance that. If you're in a worried state, .. the same goes, unfortunately. Today, herbs are being marketed as "stress relieving", etc. But if you really want to have a nice experience (here is my observation but it's based on TONS of "research", lol), a person would need to clean up their personal lives and organize their house, and make things right in their world ….. THEN partake in nature's herb will be AMAZING and fun. Otherwise not so much, lol.

AllyC likes this.